BIG NEWS

Friday, June 12, 2009

Richard Worth has resigned


Richard Worth has resigned from Parliament. You could say that the old National vehicle is worthless but is getting a new Cam soon as Cam Calder will be the next MP.After him its Conway Powell, who will be an MP if Melissa Lee wins the Mt Albert by-election. The following two on the list are former MPs who represented parties other than National.

Worth's statement is here.
I could spend the future bemoaning the unfairness of a campaign which has Labour's fingerprints all over it. But that is not my nature. The campaign has been run against me by people who are unable or unwilling to back their claims with credible evidence of criminal activity.I wish only to restate that I have not committed any crime, and I remain confident that when the true facts are established I will be cleared of any and all allegations of criminal conduct. I will steadfastly defend myself in respect of those allegations.

But it is impossible to defend oneself in the public and political arena against hearsay, character assassination and scuttlebutt.My conscience is clear. Those who have chosen to try to ruin my reputation should perhaps now examine theirs.
Meaning Phil Goff.

I wonder if the name of the Korean woman will be made public -and whether she has worked with Worth in a professional capacity. If Richard Worth hadn't hidden behind his PR company, but came out and told the full truth when asked, he may still be an MP. I guess Richard Worth has harshly discovered the distinction between a parliamentarian and a politician.

Labels:

Scoopit!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Withers said...

Worth reportedly didn't get the Speaker's job due to allegations made prior to both the Korean woman and Ms. Choudry. That would indicate Worth is a man with a tendency well known among those who know him best....whatever his bluster to the contrary.

June 12, 2009 at 6:09 PM  
Blogger Swimming said...

And if he was Speaker he'd be the second to resign this month.

June 12, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Clicky Web Analytics