BIG NEWS

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Corrupt Labour tries to pervert the course of justice


Maori Party co-leader Pita Shaples has revealed that a senior Labour Minister - possibly Parekura Horomia, - threatened the Maori Party over its vote on the Winston Peters privileges committee circus. Are you surprised?
Dr Sharples said he was "disappointed" over attempts to influence his party.
"I personally had two separate phone calls from a senior minister urging me to vote in favour of Winston, and suggesting that there would be unpleasant repercussions from Maori people if I didn't," he said in a statement.
"Both (fellow co-leader) Tariana Turia and myself were disgusted with this kind of activity, aimed at perverting the course of justice and fair play.
Given that Helen Clark has said that most on the committee had made up its mind on Peters, one would wonder why Labour was trying to influence the vote.

Well done Pita Sharples for speaking out on this. He has integrity. Meanwhile,Shane Jones is extremely pissed off that Maori is turning its back on Labour and that he has to defend Clark outwardly to preserve caucus unity when the cracks are widening.

I tried to get hold of Horomia's media people -specifically Deborah Mahuta - today but they are a long meeting at the moment.

Wonder why? Media release coming to confirm Horomia was that Minister, but he did nothing wrong?

update It appears so, after speaking to Mahuta.
update2 Media release as follows:
Minister of Maori Affairs, Parekura Horomia, today said he was extremely disappointed that one of his many conversations with Maori Party MP, Pita Sharples has been misrepresented.

“As the Minister of Maori Affairs I consult with Maori members from all political parties. I am in frequent contact with Pita Sharples over issues of mutual concern.
“During two of these conversations, we moved on to talk Winston Peters.

“Pita Sharples asked me to clarify what it meant for Winston to be censured. I declared my support for Winston, and asked how the Maori party was planning to vote. That is all that was discussed.

“At no point did I put any pressure on the Maori Party to support Winston Peters, neither did I issue any threats. I am deeply disappointed that my conversations with the Maori Party have been misrepresented in this way.” Mr Horomia said.

Remember, Big News had it first...

Labels: ,

Scoopit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Clicky Web Analytics