BIG NEWS

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Dumpster diving

Heh, this looks like fun. I know a bunch of people who get their food by dumpster diving twice a week. At least they used to, they may well still do so. It's when you grab a torch, go to the supermarket, look in the bins, and take some perfectly good food without paying for it because the supermarket has chucked it out. It's amazing what you can find - veges, alcohol, lasagne, potatoes, grapes, salads, bread and more. Look at them doing it on this video and look at the stuff they get.

Labels:

Scoopit!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hannah Drew-Crawshaw said...

Hey Dave, Andrew Penhey told me he had seen us on your blog. Feels funny, I haven't actually gone for a dive since I became pregnant with our latest addition Iris, yet in the last month or so, heaps of people have told me they have seen the video.

Just for your info, dumpster diving has become a lot more tricky. With more publicity comes more padlocks and security guards. And one good result of being in an economic recession is the fact that not some much food is being wasted.

Anyways, its good to see people are interested, makes me feel that I need to get out again despite the sleepless nights!

October 27, 2009 at 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Clicky Web Analytics