BIG NEWS

Monday, June 30, 2008

Cheese alert! Is Anchor trying to pull a swifty?


Anchor has a block of Edam cheese on the market. It's the same width as the standard 1kg block of cheese. It is the same length as a standard 1kg block of cheese. It's a similar price as a 1kg block of Home Brand cheese. It looks like a 1kg block of cheese. It probably tastes like a 1kg block of cheese.

But the Anchor block of cheese is not a 1kg block of cheese.

It is 900g.

That's because the block is not as high as a standard 1kg block of cheese, but you wouldn't know that as you can't easily see how high the cheese is when it is displayed. And, starting tomorrow, this block will ave a special price of $8.89 at Countdown and Woolworths just to hook more into buying it. Hook you? Well, it is Anchor cheese.

But it's not a bad price for a 1kg block of cheese, if you're fooled. We weren't. But we can't find a 1kg block of Anchor cheese anywhere. Not even on the website. That's because they stopped making it about six weeks ago. Furthermore, we won't when be fooled when the 900g block comes off the special price, either - back up to $13.49 or $15.49 for a tasty block .

Anyway, here's The Muttonbirds.

Labels:

Scoopit!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw them at the supermarket this afternoon. Initially I assumed that they were a 750gm block based on the price. They basically work out the same price per 100gms as the woolworths brand 1kg block.

June 30, 2008 at 8:30 PM  
Blogger Swimming said...

... on special, that is. But when they`re taken off special it will be more than the Woolworths brand 1kg block, so more per 100gms.

June 30, 2008 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger Steve Withers said...

I saw them too and resolved to never buy one. Now if they ALL do it, I'll give up cheese for a year or two. I did the sme thing with Monteith's beer after DB bought them and moved production to Auckland. For thre years I made my on beer...and then after that I never bought Monteiths or anything DB makes. Now I don't drink much at all.

When these people mess with a market, tey run the risk of losing my little piece of it completely. Not that they care....but then neither do I any more. I just don't buy their stuff.

June 30, 2008 at 10:32 PM  
Blogger FAIRFACTS MEDIA said...

I just bought one this morning.
Don't think I will at full price though.

July 1, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Clicky Web Analytics