BIG NEWS

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Expressoholic


It's a bit sad that Espressoholic is about to close. I had my first real coffee there, played my first pinball game there and probably had my first long black there too. Even wrote poetry about and in the place. It was my first cafe home -well that wouldn't be hard, my hairdresser Nigel from Heretic lived in the warehouse at the back - where I used to regularly frequent - so it was a hop , skip and a jump to get a coffee. Espressoholic was a great place to hang out on New Years Eve about 10 years ago - well at least until 3:30am when the kids had gone home and we could get into the clubs.

Espressoholic brought coffee culture into the mainstream in Wellington and had a good courtyard out the back. It was a place you could take your parents and your kids.

Just about everybody I know in the city has been there.

Labels:

Scoopit!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,
Shock, horror! Are they to relocate or just disappear?

March 14, 2009 at 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Mark said...

As a Wellintonian I am proud to say I haven't.

Why pay for it when you employer provides it for free at work and why do you need to drink it when your not.

April 10, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Clicky Web Analytics